We encourage individual artists and groups across the whole spectrum of arts from visual artists, musicians, creative technologists and academics to apply to this call. Emerging as well as established artists.
What we need in your application
- Describe your intention and motivation (max 2 pages)
- Describe your artistic practice in a brief artist bio or statement (max 500 char)
- CV (max 2 pages)
- Make a selection of 3 to 5 work samples that are relevant for this residency and represent your practice: (jpg, mp3, .mov etc.)
- All application material, except for the work samples, should be gathered in one pdf document.
The description of your intention and motivation should answer the following questions:
- Describe one specific theme you would like to explore within this residency?
- Describe how the choice of theme is of relevance for ESS and you as an artist?
- Describe your reflections regarding this residency format and your expectations around the residency?
What we look for in your application
All applications will be reviewed by the jury, where the following criteria will be used to chose between applicants.
- engaging artists that pose relevant and pressing questions about both our contemporary life and future scenarios
- experience and understanding of / or strong and motivated interest in investigating the field of collaborative and interdisciplinary practices
- deep interest in and ability to transform, dissect and compose data and knowledge in new ways
- but above all we value curious and bold artists that show great artistic qualities and originality.
Process and output
- At the base of the residency is a series of online conversations and collaborative activities with selected scientists (June-November).
- At the midpoint of this process a communal group meeting with all the participants of the residency programme will be held online (September/October).
- Possible feedback and support when needed during the process from Inter Arts Center, Wisdome Innovation and ESS (June-November).
- At the end there will be one public presentation and gathering looking back at the process and sharing possible documentation, ideas or other outputs. In extension to this creating a discussion on both the residency format, the journey/process and the outcome. And in the end of course, what is the next step? (November/December)
Apply here! Choose “Application for Open Call ESS residency”
Deadline: June 13, 2021
Jury decision announcement: June 24, 2021
Artist fee: 2.000 EUR
The artist fee will be paid upon the completion of the residency. The artist must invoice the total fee amount no later than December 1, 2021. The invoicing party is required to hold a valid VAT number.